Before booking an appointment with one of our clinicians, it may be worth looking at our self-referrals page to check if a surgery appointment is needed for the service you require.
How to Book an Appointment
- Via our Consulting Room
- By Telephone:
Call 01932 565655 or 01932 561199 during our opening hours
Remember if you can’t make it – Please cancel your appointment.
Urgent (Same Day) Appointments
Please submit a form via our website (if you cannot access the internet please phone and our receptionist will complete the form on your behalf) and a triage appointment will be arranged for the doctor to phone you back.
If the receptionist completes the form on your behalf they will have to ask for some details of the problem you have phoned about. This allows the Duty Doctor to see on the computer screen when there is a call that should be made as a priority e.g. a sick child or someone with chest pain.
If you do not want to discuss your problem with the receptionist that is perfectly acceptable; they will take your details and ask the doctor to phone you in the usual way.
The Duty Doctor will then phone you back within 2 hours (or more quickly) take a history of your problem and arrange the appropriate appointment or treatment.
For some cases face to face is not necessary. We also do believe that it is not appropriate for a receptionist to assess the urgency of a problem. Our research has shown us that the best way forward to provide a safe, responsive appointment system was to move to Telephone Triage.
Telephone Triage by a Doctor has many advantages for our patients
- Easy, fast access to a Doctor on the phone
- Patients are not just offered appointments 2 weeks in the future by a receptionist – their needs are assessed quickly and expertly by the Duty Doctor and they are usually seen that day or later in the week by arrangement with the Duty Doctor
- The history is taken over the phone by the Duty Doctor, this means that at the actual appointment more time is available to discuss and deal with the patients’ needs than if a full history had to be taken in the 10 minute slot
- Patients who are genuinely ill can be seen that morning or afternoon as they will have been prioritised by the Doctor. Sometimes patients can be reassured and seen at a later agreed time.
- Patients who have minor problems or queries can often be dealt with by a phone call
- Patients who work all day do not have to take time off work to visit the surgery to discuss a problem that could have been dealt with over the phone
- In some cases the Doctor may refer you to a nurse practitioner for treatments
- The system minimises the time Doctors are tied up in surgery seeing minor problems and maximises their availability to be able to deal with the acutely unwell patient and for seeing their regular patients
- It allows the practice the capability to deal with patients with sudden or acute problems who need to be seen urgently
Cancelling an Appointment
If you are unable to attend for your appointment please tell us in good time so that we are able to offer another patient the use of that appointment.
You can use one of the following methods:
- Online by using our cancel an appointment form
- Online using Patient Access
- By telephone on 01932 565655
As part of our commitment to all our patients we monitor the efficient use of appointments. If a patient regularly fails to attend a booked appointment, the practice reserves the right to remove them and their family from the practice list.
Extra GP Appointments
National ‘Extended Access’ initiative, which will improve access to primary care services in North West Surrey.
This means, you are able to book GP appointments at your local practice, you will also have access to additional appointments during the evenings and at weekends at a number of locations across the local area. Currently during COVID there are limited services available.
Find out more about Extended Access on our Opening hours page.
How Do I get the Help of an Interpreter?
Please let us know when you submit your appointment request or speak to our reception team if you need an interpreter and we will arrange this for you.
If You Want to Book an Appointment in Advance
We no longer offer any appointments with GP which are available to book in advance. We currently are dealing with on the day queries only. So if you do need to speak with the GP please contact us on the day you can take the telephone call. Please contact us via our website and complete the form Get Help With Any Health Problem.
See an NHS GP by Video
Patients registered at Chertsey Health Centre can now see an NHS GP by video using the LIVI app. See an NHS GP by video for medical advice, prescriptions or referrals.
Get the LIVI app in the app store or visit www.livi.co.uk
Appointments are available:
- Opening Hours (weekday) 7am – 10pm
- Opening Hours (weekend) 8am – 4pm